Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A month later, still in London

It's been a month since I updated my blog. Really a lot of things happened and I didn't had the time to write it down all nor a little of it.
So let's start from the end.Yesterday I watched the Italy vs Ireland match. I went to Mattia's house with his colleagues. I took with me the champagne I won singing at Roadhouse, so now it's gone and I need to go there again to win another one! The evening was amazing: we had some real Italian typical food from Naples and Rome. Just to name one we had some original "taralli".
Sunday, the 17th, I went to Lovebox. It is a concert in Victoria park with a lot of artists and three or four different stages. I went there to see Mika. He was amazing as usual but he just played for half an hour. So bad! I saw also Grace Jones closing the event and some other more or less known artists. I stood up for ten hours and now after two days I don't feel really good yet.
Friday I went to Guanabara! When they told me the name I was thinking it was a joke. In Italy with my friend we usually do word games like this just to name a place that we don't remember the name or doesn't exists at all. But trust me, this is the real name of this place and it exists! It's a Brazilian club near convent garden. It's a really nice place and I went there with some cs friends. There where a Brazilian band performing at the beginning and after 11.30pm they started with the disco music. I enjoyed it and had some fun. After the disco we went to Mc Donalds just to get back some energy. It was 3am and really cold. When I managed to get back to Acton it was 5pm but there where so much light that it did look like a 9am in Italy.
I'm really starting to get busy and it' just two month that I'm here. It's good of course but it's a little stressing.
A couple of weeks ago I bought a bike and now it's more than a week that I'm going to work riding my bike. They call it commuting, but don't ask me the meaning of this word. I'm lucky because it's really just a few miles but it's all uphill. I always thought that London was plain but again I was wrong. Of course when I go back home it's all downhill so it gets really relaxing.
The job is going pretty much good. After the initial couple of boring weeks now it's getting more interesting and I'm starting to work on something I'm more used to. I'm also starting to better understand people, even if I still have some difficulties when they speak fast or have strange or unknown accents.
I was thinking about going back to Italy on September for an holiday to see my friends but I got intrigued by a colleague proposal to go to a really interesting place... I need the passport!

No comments: