Wednesday, May 16, 2012

First new job day

Today I had my new job's first day.
I got out of the house 45 minutes before entry time. I thought that was enough to cover less than 4km (2.3mi). I was wrong: the traffic was so jammed that the bus was crawling between cars.
I managed to get just few minutes late. Not bad as a first day!
Someone was so kind to take me to my office and then my new manager introduced me to at least half of the  stuff. I could be damn if I remember a name!
I watched a DVD about security. Really interesting... ok really boring! And after that I started to setup my new box with all the stuff I need to do my job. The most interesting part is that they gave me a brand new 24inch LED display. It's amazing to finally work with a screen that can hold all the windows you need at the same time! I never understood why companies in Italy keep on supplying 17inch screens to their developers: it's so stupid!
I had launch with my new Italian colleague: I was so hungry! I ate a lot so during the afternoon, considering also that the setup of all the stuff was taking a lifetime, I risked to fall asleep. Luckily the exit time came to rescue me! For me was really strange to get home at 6 o'clock. I was used to get back far later. And I was hungry again!
With so spare time in the evening I definitely need to find something like a gym. But let's wait for the first earnings to come in before spending more money: it's so weird and painful to pay pounds with euros! For example yesterday I bought some shirts for a total of 100£ that are 125€! To discover that now I will need to buy also the cuff links!

No comments: