Sunday, May 13, 2012

We are the italian mob

Yesterday I received my uk debit card! Now I feel more comfortable: I don't clearly understand way but uk people don't like money if it's not coming from an uk account... I really don't get it! But you know, they are strange people and you need to adapt to some of their weirdness. It's fair, I mean: it's their country here!
So I could finally had my mobile contract sim card with three. It was really ugly to have an iphone without a data connection because it really becomes helpful when you need to take a bus to go home and you don't know where the hell you are.
So after having my brand new sim I finally met Mattia. He is a guy from Italy. I never actually met him in person. We have a friend in common who gave me his number before moving to London. He helped me in the first days giving me some advices about how to find a room and a job.
So we went out with some of his colleagues and I had my first after work friday here in London! There were an English guy, another Swedish one, two French guys and then five italians! Actually there were more poeple but I didn't had a chance to speak with them so much to understand where they came from.
We went of course to a pub and tried to get drunk with the discounted drinks but after three of them I was still far from getting drunk. The place was really nice and big. They suggested there could some girls because near this place there is the Lorèal UK office. No luck as usual! There were of course some girls actually but not as many as the huge Lorèal building suggests to be inside it.
We staid there a couple of hours speaking about... you could say about life. Then we took a bus and we went to an italin pizzeria. The pizza wasn't bad, even if I'm not a big fun of the neapolitan one.
After that we went to a pub with a 5£ entry fee. Here in London seems to be common to pay to enter a pub on a friday night. The place was nice and not so crowded so we were also able to speak. I was tired so after an hour or so I decied to quit.
I really met a lot of new people in just one night, more than in the last three weeks I think. But I didn't know what expect me the day after...

No comments: