Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Moving to London

Really a lot to say but also really few, if any, ideas about how to write them down.

Now I'm sitting in this really noisy dirty crowded hostel "Number 8". Full of Italians!
I came here for various reasons most of them are still obscure to me, but of course one was to improve my English and in two days I had really few chance to speak it. These London people are really strange. They do all the opposite we are used to, like for example driving on the wrong side (yes wrong!) of the street. But I also discovered that, contrary to what we are actually used to think, they are not so "advanced" as one (me) would expect: it's an important and popular fact that things are not always what they seems!

It's just the beginning of course, a first impression.
I would love to write down here more in the few days and week. Writing about the people you leave behind and the new one you meet and all the weird things that will happen to me. Anyway now I'm tired and running out of ideas so fast that it's really time to stop. More to come in the next posts if there will be...

Just one last thing. If you ever come to London don't forget to take with you your bathrobe because here they sell it only during the Christmas holidays... at least this is the explanation the saleswoman gave me for the fact that any shop in London sells them.


No comments: